Monday, November 10, 2008

A Brand New Day

So I've realized I'm not really good at blogging. I guess it's because there hasn't been much in our lives worthy of blogging about. Today I'm feeling different though. Here are my reasons:

1. I just spent the last almost week with my best friend from the old days. I called her up and said, I'm going to Myrtle Beach, you should come and she said "OK." I don't have many people who could, or even would, drop everything like that and run away with me! We stayed in a beautiful suite right on the beach, so close to the ocean that from somes points of the suite, you could only see water. We shopped, ate, and shopped some more. The highlight for me was our trip to the Melting Pot, where we ate and laughed ourselves silly. The poor waiter there will never be the same after dealing with us! Shelbi's family came down, and I had to go home Friday night, but Joe and I headed back on Saturday and spent the night again. It was great to have us all together! I still can't believe that I've been married for over two years and Shelbi's husband and mine hadn't met!

2. My husband started his new job today! He was let go of his last real position in May. We spent the summer trying to get his own business, boat detailing, off of the ground. Between the market, and the way small town Charleston works, we had a tough time making this happen. By the end of the summer we knew he had to start looking for the old shirt and tie kind of work. We have been totally blessed to have "survived" this long without two incomes. No creditors are breathing down our necks, we haven't sold any prize possessions, and we still like each other (most days!). Today is a big turning point...we're going to make it after all! I pray that he likes this job. I pray that people there treat people like they'd want to be treated (unlike the last job). And I pray that he is happy and remembers how to laugh again!

3. It's sunny and beautiful out and I have on a really great new sweater! What more is there to life?

No comments: